So are you ready to take control of your financial future and become your own boss? Here is how you can start a cleaning service. First, you should start by making your business legal. Here is what you’ll need to do:
- Decide on a business name. Pick a name that is unique to how you will represent your business. You can also pick keywords such as “maid” or “maids”, “house” or “home”, “cleaning”, etc. that are search engine friendly and will let your customers know what services you provide.
- Check to see if the name you have chosen has an exact website domain available. Pick a few names with matching domains just in case your name has already been registered in your county, city, or town.
- Determine the legal structure of your business (sole proprietorship, LLC, corporation, etc.).
- Register your business at your local register of deeds office, or you can have online legal document services such as Legal Zoom or other similar websites do it for you.
- Obtain your federal tax identification number (EIN) from the IRS if you will be hiring employees, are structuring your business other than a sole proprietorship, or do not want to use your SS# as your tax identification number for your business.
- Obtain your Privilege License or Business permit (if necessary) in your local city or town. You can also have an online legal document service do that for you.
- Open a business checking account. You will need your EIN or you can just use your SS# as mentioned above.
Here is a great YouTube video on growing a successful cleaning service.